Fun facts about Massage Therapy 4 Aug 2019
Did you know…
- Our skin is the largest organ in our body.
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in the skin and 3000 on the tip of the finger.
- Each time when we get a massage, our brain receives the sensation because our skin cells send the nerve signal from skin to brain.
- Muscle nerve travels at a speed of 118 metres per second, allowing us to feel everything in an instant.
- Whenever we get touched or when we receive a massage, our body releases endorphins which are natural pain killers.
- Interesting enough, touch is the first feeling that develops in the human body and also the last to fade away.
- When a body receives massage, it instantly gets relaxed and stress levels in body are reduced.