8 good reasons why massage may help you to reduce stress 26 Nov 2019
- Massage helps to turn “off” the sympathetic nervous system ('fight or flight') and turn “on” the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest).
- When the body is massaged, blood and lymph circulation is increased moving vital nutrients and oxygen throughout the body to organs and muscles to help 'feed' and repair.
- Serotonin and endorphins are secreted during massage. They are essential for healthy mental functioning and decreasing depression and anxiety.
- Massage is effective in reducing muscular tension built up from poor posture during daily activities.
- Massge can help reduce aches and pains which can deprive us of our natural vitality, reducing our productivity.
- Relaxed muscle tissue can lead to decreased nerve compression, increased joint space, and range of motion. This may lead to reduced pain and improved function which allows for stress reduction.
- Relaxation massage is very soothing and effective at helping clear the mind and reduce levels of stress
- Massage also often produces feelings of caring, comfort and connection.
What is Remedial massage therapy? 4 Nov 2019
It involves a range of techniques which focus on treating specific injuries or muscular dysfunction. The therapist will vary their pressure according to what is needed. They are able to locate and help repair the damaged muscle, joint, tendon or ligament. This in turn will work to rebalance the body and contribute to optimal health.
This type of therapy is beneficial for a range of complaints and ailments. It produces particularly effective results for muscular and skeletal dysfunction including muscle tightness and pain, frozen or impinged shoulder, tennis elbow, whiplash, neck and back pain, scoliosis, headache and sports injuries.
Ready for summer activity? 4 Nov 2019
Is your body ready for your summer activity? Come in to Serenity for a Sports massage or a bit of maintenance to help avoid any potential injuries and prepare your body for the activity to come. Sports massage can help speed recovery, relieve muscle tension, ease joints and improve flexibility.
We look forward to seeing you.