Unwind and reap the benefits of massage with Serenity Massage Therapy based in Napier, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand
Do you suffer from?...
- Neck pain
- Shin splints
- Muscle spasms, strains or sprains
- Frozen shoulder
- Repetitive strain injury, e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow
- Back pain
- Plantar fasciitis
Massage can help treat these conditions and:
- Prevent and treat injury
- Help create good posture
- Alleviate chronic pain
- Help maintain health and wellbeing
- Enhance relaxation
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Help strengthen the immune system
- Provide relief from tension headaches
- Improve posture and related issues
Physiological benefits of massage
- Relaxes and flushes out overused muscles
- Increases joint flexibility
- Releases muscular spasms and cramping
- Stimulates the immune system
- Releases endorphins
- Prevents injuries
- Improves circulation
- Improves sleeping
- Improves posture (massage can relax and loosen muscles and joints made sore by bad posture, allowing your body to position itself in its natural and pain-free posture).
- Massage can relax muscle tissue, which may lead to decreased joint and nerve compression, increased joint and muscle range of motion.
- This commonly results in less pain and improved function.
- Induces a relaxation response which:
- Lowers heart rate
- Lowers breathing rate
- Lowers blood pressure
- Generally decreases the physical effects of stress (a decrease in cortisol levels in the body).
Psychological benefits of massage
- Improves sense of well-being - “I feel great!” (because of the release of endorphins)
- Improves body awareness –being able to ‘feel’ areas of tension as they develop
- Reduces feeling of stress (massage stimulates the release of the hormones, serotonin and dopamine that help boost your mood and break the habitual stress cycle).
- Reduces feelings of anxiety (reduces depression)
- Feel relaxed and/or energised
Our treatments are offered by qualified and registered massage therapists and include Swedish Relaxation Massage, Sports Massage, Lithos Rock Therapy, Remedial Massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage, and Massage for pregnant women.
What are the benefits of a regular massage?
You know that post-massage feeling. Your mind is clear, and your body is relaxed. An occasional massage leaves you feeling great, but regular massage can do so much more. The work your therapist does in each session builds on itself, helping your body maintain its relaxed state and your muscles to remain loose even during times of physical and mental stress.
Regular monthly massage provides therapeutic relief to people of all ages and all walks of life, from the competitive athlete to the home gardener to the over-stressed business person.
Doesn’t your car run well when you give it a regular maintenance check up. Your body reacts just the same. A small regular time investment in a massage treatment can make all the difference to how you feel.
Finding the time to take care of your health is often a challenge, but you may find that you are able to be more productive when you are less stressed and are carrying less pain in your body.
How often should I receive a massage?
Everyones needs differ depending on their lifestyle. As a guide, regular therapeutic massages work best when on a 4 to 6 week basis.
Muscles have a memory so when you return for your massage, they react more quickly to the message being given to them to relax and lengthen.
Regular self-care messages from your massage therapist can help you retrain your body to help itself and provide you with a healthier you.
For advice specific to your therapeutic needs, please ask your massage therapist how regularly they feel that you should have a massage to function optimally.
Relax Restore Rejuvenate